FROM SUBMITTED REPORTS
Construction and other activities likely to affect traffic in San Marcos starting next week:
- Tax-free weekend: From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, the southbound Interstate 35 exit No. 200 will be closed for sales tax-free weekend. Southbound drivers to the outlet malls should use the McCarty Lane exit No. 201. Northbound Interstate 35 exit No. 201 at McCarty Lane will also be closed. Northbound drivers to the outlet malls should use the Centerpoint Road exit No. 200. City of San Marcos Traffic department, 512-393-8034.
MORE: McCarty, Centerpoint exits to close for tax-free weekend | 08/02/16
- East De Zavala Drive: From Staples Road to Texas 123, street renovation maintenance will be completed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, weather permitting, Aug. 3 through Aug. 22. Please park your vehicle off the street or it may be towed at your own expense. Obey warning signs and flagmen. City of San Marcos Streets department, 512-393-8025.
- 100 block Charles Austin Drive: All lanes in both directions will be closed for Texas State University commencement ceremonies 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 12. Texas State University, 512-245-6272.
- Interstate 35 (Texas 123 to Centerpoint Road): Various lanes on the interstate from Texas 123 to Centerpoint Road will be closed for milling and inlaying hot mix on the bridge decks 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Aug. 7 to Aug. 11. Texas Department of Transportation, 512-353-1061.
MORE: TxDOT to close Interstate 35 lanes for bridge work in San Marcos | 08/05/16
- 1309 Wonder World Drive: A city contractor will be working on Wonder World Drive, in the area of Central Texas Medical Center, to repair water leak. The closure is currently scheduled for Aug. 1 to Aug. 12, weather permitting. The outside lane of eastbound Wonder World Drive will be closed daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. City of San Marcos Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Sessom Drive at Peques Street: A city contractor will be working in the area to install underground electrical conduit. One lane of westbound Sessom will be closed daily and through the weekend for construction at Peques Drive. The intermittent closure is currently scheduled during working hours until August 12. City of San Marcos Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- East San Antonio Street: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., half a block of street closed from the alley to North LBJ Drive for the Farmers Market on the Square. San Marcos Main Street, 512-393-8430.
Long-term road projects
- 817 Chestnut Street: One lane will be closed for new construction to site through end of July 2016. Street will continue to be passable to all traffic. J4 Development, 469-236-0922.