A rundown of construction or events expected to affect traffic in San Marcos this week:
- Farm-to-Market Road 1966: From Texas 21 to Texas 142. Intermittent lane closures 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 23 to May 11. Traffic will be handled through work zone by the contractor. Flaggers will direct traffic. Motorists need to use caution around heavy equipment and obey warning signs. Texas Department of Transportation, 830-609-0707.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid-May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Thorpe Lane: 1100 Block – One lane will be closed from April 3 to April 30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to move and remove existing telephone cable. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- River Road: From Hwy 80 to Old Martindale Road will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until April 30. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Texas 80 at River Road: 1100 block – The east bound lane will have intermittent closures throughout the week starting April 22 for asphalt overlay work on River Road from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. until April 30. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.
- Cheatham Street at Riverside Drive: Will be closed for installation of storm drains until from April 2 to May 25, 2012. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The City has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.