A summary of construction and events expected to impact traffic in San Marcos this week:
- River Road (shown on map): From IH 35 Frontage Road to Old Martindale Road will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until April 20, 2012. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- N Interstate 35: 600 block will have intermittent lane closures throughout the week for staging of paving equipment from Monday, March 26 to Friday, March 30, 2012. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Rio Vista Street: From IH 35 Frontage Road to Sycamore Street will be closed between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for concrete work. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: From Hopkins to the IH 35 Frontage Road is closed to thru traffic from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- McKinnon and Sycamore intersection: Will be closed until from 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. April 4, 2012, for installation of curb and gutter. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH-35 Access Road – Weather permitting – will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. until April 4 for installation of concrete flatwork and curb and gutter. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 800 block, will be closed until April 4, 2012, to thru traffic from CM Allen to Field Street for roadway excavation and sub-grade preparation of Cheatham/Riverside intersection. Weather permitting. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5 Monday – Friday signs” between Younger Street and Holland Street is in progress. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.
Online at sanmarcostx.gov/traffic