Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week:
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8 to September 1, 2013 for construction of an apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512.343.4555.
- River Road: From IH 35 Frontage Road to Old Martindale Road will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures for milling and asphalt overlay until April 20. Flaggers will direct traffic and motorists will need to be cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Thorpe Lane: 1100 block, one lane of traffic will be closed 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 12–23 to remove and relocate telephone cables.
- Rio Vista Street: From IH 35 Frontage Road to Sycamore Street will be closed between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. for concrete work. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- McKinnon and Sycamore intersection: Will be closed for installation of concrete flatwork and curb and gutter work from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. until April 4. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH-35 Access Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 1 – April 4 for installation of concrete flatwork, curbs and gutters. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 800 block, will be closed until April 4 for roadway excavation and sub-grade preparation of Cheatham/Riverside intersection, weather permitting. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5 Monday – Friday signs” between Younger Street and Holland Street has begun. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: The City has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line will have total reconstruction of the road continuing until the end of March. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic, observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.