Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week:
- West MLK Drive: 500 – 900 block, from Nance Street to South Mitchell Avenue will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures for milling and asphalt overlay until February 29. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Rio Vista Street: Utility work is complete except for the 300 block between Field and Cheatham Streets. Crews will do concrete work and install sidewalks and driveways from Cheatham to the frontage road between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Work should be complete by week of March 10, weather permitting. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH-35 access road will be closed due to roadway construction. Weather permitting, base paving will be complete by March 3 with concrete work to follow. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 800 block, crews will start street excavation, subgrade preparation, etc. Traffic will be detoured to Field Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The City has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs on Riverside between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8135.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5, Monday – Friday signs” on Chestnut between Younger Street and Holland Street has begun. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8135.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line will have total reconstruction of the road continuing until the end of March. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic, observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.