Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week:
- East San Antonio Street: 100 block and North LBJ 100 block, inside lanes only will be closed for the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo trail ride stop in San Marcos on Feb. 6, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Traffic control will be provided by City of San Marcos and by Hays County Sheriff’s Department (escort from Freeman Ranch). Main Street, 393-8430
- North LBJ: 200 block, left lane only from Hopkins to the alley will be closed Saturday, Feb. 11, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Root Cellar Anniversary Celebration. The Root Cellar, 392-5158.
- West MLK Drive: 500 – 900 block, from Nance Street to South Mitchell Avenue will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until Feb. 21. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: 400 block, road will be open but the west bound lane will be closed due to installation of a new 12” waterline until mid in February from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists are advised to observe warning signs. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Rio Vista Street: 200 – 400 block between Haynes Street and IH 35 frontage road will be closed due to installation of sewer line, road excavation, material storage and concrete work until end of February from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Motorists will be detoured to Haynes Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH 35 access road will be closed due to roadway excavation until mid February. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- McKinnon Street: 200 – 300 block between Haynes Street and Cheatham Street will be closed due to road paving until mid February. Motorists will be detoured to Cheatham Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 1000 – 1200 block, between McKinnon Street and East Hopkins Street will be closed for continued concrete work of curb and gutter, driveways, sidewalks and paving from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. until mid February. Traffic will be detoured to Haynes Street, Field Street, Riverside Drive and East Hopkins Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line will have total reconstruction of the road continuing until mid February. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic and to observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.