The City of San Marcos Planning and Development Services Department will hold small group interactive listening sessions and downtown tours during October and November in an effort to facilitate public input and understanding of a development code specific to downtown San Marcos.
The public listening sessions provide opportunities for citizens and stakeholders to present views and ask questions regarding the proposed Downtown Code in a small group atmosphere.
“Public input and review of the Downtown Code is a crucial step in the code writing process,” said Matthew Lewis, Interim Development Services Director. “The sessions allow our staff to receive feedback on the likes and dislikes of the current Land Development Code versus the proposed code in a casual and comfortable setting.”
Walking, biking and trolley tours through downtown will also be offered in November to allow citizens to gain firsthand knowledge of proposed coding details while viewing the downtown streetscape. Tours will begin at the Hays County Court House at 110 E. Martin Luther King Drive and last approximately one hour.
Small Group Listening Sessions:
- Monday, November 8, San Marcos Fish Hatchery, 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 15, City Hall Conference Room, 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 22, San Marcos Fish Hatchery, 6 p.m.
Downtown Coding Updates:
- Wednesday, October 27, Downtown Association Meeting, Tap Room Meeting Area, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, November 4, Historic Preservation Meeting, City Hall, 5:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 9, Planning & Zoning Commission, City Hall, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 30, Meet at Hays County Courthouse, 10 a.m. & 6 p.m.
For more information on the small group sessions or to RSVP for the downtown tours, please contact Frances Serna at 512-393-8230 or email here.
— FROM THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS