Detours around Comanche Street, which will be closed this week for construction.
- COMANCHE, closed to through traffic in segments beginning June 1 from West Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive to West Hutchison Street for construction of a new water line. Traffic will be detoured to Fredericksburg Street, S. Guadalupe Street, W. Hutchinson Street, W. Hopkins Street, W. San Antonio Street, and W. MLK Drive to avoid the area. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- EAST MCCARTY LANE, construction of additional lanes continues outside existing pavement with scheduled completion for October/November. McCarty will remain in service with periodic closures. Motorists may use Clovis R. Barker Road or Centerpoint Road to avoid the area. Please watch for heavy equipment, slow vehicles, and stopped vehicles between IH-35 and Old Bastrop Highway. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, traffic is rerouted to the new permanent intersection configuration of Ranch Road 12 and Wonder World Drive. Traffic controls and overhead illumination are being used at the new intersection to enhance roadway safety and reduce traffic speed. Expect delays. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, closed intermittently from May 26 – June 5, from 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. from Hopkins Street to railroad tracks due to high school graduation events. Motorists are advised to use C.M. Allen Parkway, University Drive, Aquarena Springs Drive or Thorpe Street to avoid the area. Public Services, 393-8036.
- SESSOM DRIVE, TxDOT began resurfacing from University Drive to Academy. The project will include guardrail improvement, milling and overlay to create a smooth final surface with fresh striping. Final completion scheduled for early July. TxDOT Public Affairs, 512.832.7060.
- DOWTOWN ADA IMPROVEMENTS, construction will take place on many of the handicap ramps throughout the downtown area. Lanes will be closed but the streets will remain open. Scheduled completion is end of summer. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WEATHERFORD STREET, one lane will be closed due to lane widening, curb and gutter improvements until mid June. Public Services, 393-8036.
- CHEATHAM STREET, will be open to through traffic for the next several weeks. Construction will continue on Haynes Drive from Riverside Drive to Cheatham Street and on Rio Vista and McKinnon both from Haynes Drive to Cheatham Street to install storm sewer, water and wastewater services. Motorists need to be aware of various street closures until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- HAYNES, from Cheatham to Riverside Drive, road closed in different sections to through traffic for installation of new water line until the end of June. Motorists are advised to use C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as possible detour routes. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive continues through August. The intersection of Bishop and Craddock will be closed during construction. To turn left on Bishop, detour left on Allen Street. To turn right on Bishop, continue straight and follow the cones. Please follow the detour signs and watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE AT HUNTER ROAD is open to traffic. Traffic control barriers are still in place. Be aware of construction workers and heavy equipment. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance until further notice. Public Services, 393-8036.
— COMPILED BY THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS