Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- HAYNES STREET, 900 block at Riverside Drive, road closed to thru traffic from March 15 – April 9, due to installation of new wastewater line from 7:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. Motorists are advised to use Cheatham Street, C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as possible detour routes. This is the beginning of the Rio Vista Terrace neighborhood improvement project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE, 300 – 400 block frontage road, closed due to Union Pacific Rail Road crossing repair on Monday, March 22, 900am -5 p.m. Repair will not directly affect the main lanes. Both the eastbound and westbound frontage roads will be closed for to through traffic where they depart from the main lanes. Local traffic that may need to travel along the frontage roads will be able to do so until they reach the railroad tracks. At this point, both frontage roads will be closed. Traffic will be required to use the turn-around lane that goes under the main lane bridge structure and takes you back to the main lanes of Wonder World Drive. Public Services, 393-8036.
- SESSOM DRIVE, from University Drive to Academy Street due to storm drainage and street improvement projects will begin March 4 until early summer. Motorists are advised to watch for lane closures and construction crews. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, Construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive will continue until May 2010. Motorists should watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Public Services, 393-8036.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE AT HUNTER ROAD, is open to traffic. Northbound motorist may make the right turn at Wonder World Drive versus Stagecoach Trail, although there is still some signage up detouring trucks to Stagecoach. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance until further notice. Public Services, 393-8036.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, traffic shift beginning Monday, March 22. Lane widths will be reduced and shifted to allow construction of the next phase of Wonder World Drive in preparation for future tie-in to Ranch Road 12. There will be no shoulders. Please drive carefully on narrow lanes in construction area. Work will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, on Tuesday, March 30, from 12 Noon – 11 p.m from Hopkins Street to railroad tracks due to Texas State University event. Public Services, 393-8036.