Monday, Aug. 3, is the first day for candidates in the City of San Marcos November 3 election to file for a place on the ballot.
The city council will consider officially calling the election at its meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 4 for Place 5 and Place 6 on the city council. The at-large seats are currently held by Pam Couch and John Thomaides. The term of office is three years.
Filing will continue through Sept. 2. Candidates may pick up election packets and file at the City Clerk’s office, 630 E. Hopkins St.
— FROM THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS/MELISSA MILLECAM
- First day for candidate to file for place on ballot
- Last day to file for place on ballot
- Statutory last day to order election
- Recommended date to conduct drawing for place on ballot
- Last day to file as a write-in candidate
- Last day for a candidate to withdraw and have name removed from ballot
- Beginning of mandatory office hours for the city clerk’s office
- Last day to register to vote
- Due date for filing first report of campaign contributions/expenditures (if opposed)
- First day for early voting by personal appearance
- Due date for filing second report of campaign contributions/expenditures (if opposed)
- Last day for early voting by personal appearance
- Election Day
- Period for Voter Registrar to complete review of provisional ballots
- Period for Early Voting Ballot Board to receive ballots from outside the US and qualify provisional ballots
- Period for official canvass of election
- End of mandatory office hours for the city clerk’s office
September 4, 2011
- Last day of normal election record preservation period