- San Marcos Mercury | Local News from San Marcos and Hays County, Texas - https://smmercury.com -

H-E-B evacuates customers after freezer burnout

Emergency service crews responded Saturday evening to a freezer fire at the “small” H-E-B in San Marcos. Photos by Sean Batura.

STAFF REPORT

Customers at the “small” H-E-B at Hopkins and Comanche Streets in San Marcos were briefly evacuated early Saturday evening after company staff discovered that a freezer had burned out.At around 6:30 p.m. a chemical smell and whips of smoke could be detected in the store. No injuries were reported.

Emergency service personnel responded to the scene.