The San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce (SMACC) is sponsoring a Tuesday workshop in which speakers will discuss the means to obtaining certification for status as an Historically Underutilized Business (HUB).
The seminar will take place Tuesday, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Chamber of Commerce Board Room located at 202 North C.M. Allen Parkway. Cost is $35 per participant.
Yolanda Strey, HUB Specialist in Texas State University’s HUB Outreach Program, will present the seminar. Strey has worked with small businesses for almost 10 years. In her work with the City of Austin, she was responsible for ensuring that all businesses had access to procurement opportunities with the city.
Strey also provided business counseling to potential business owners through the city’s Small Business Development Program. Strey holds the Texas Purchaser (CTP) and Texas Purchaser Manager (CTPM) certifications, and is currently responsible for supporting Texas State University’s efforts to contract with and purchase from HUB Certified vendors.
Strey will share her secrets for successfully obtaining and marketing your HUB Certification. She will also discuss:
* Benefits of HUB Certification in obtaining contracts with government and other entities that have a supplier diversity program.
* Qualifications and eligibility criteria for obtaining HUB Certification.
* Secrets to completing your HUB Certification application and ensuring speedy processing.
* How to make your HUB Certified business more visible to government agencies throughout the state.
* Where to go for more information, resources, and assistance with HUB Certification.
To reserve a seat in a seminar or for more information, contact the training coordinator: F.C. Caranikas, PhD, at the Texas State SBDC. He is reachable by phone at (512) 716-4820 or by email at email@example.com.Email | Print