The Hays CISD Education Foundation awarded its fall round of innovative teaching grants in December, writing checks for $31,280 to 46 teachers at ten schools.
The foundation is in its ninth year of awarding grants. Chapa Middle School received the most grants with three. Hays High School and Kyle Elementary School each received two grants.
* Cole Reynolds, Hays High School, “Bridging the Digital Divide,” $1,638
* Susannah Wynne, Terry Prindible-Smith, Owen Taylor, Chapa Middle School, “Alice in Wonderland,” $1,000
* Elisabeth Phillips, Scotty Vasquez, Luanne Bates, Impact Center, Community of Stars, $2,500
* Teresa Newhall, Chapa Middle School, Cougars Crossing Boundaries, $1,967
* Cynthia Zapata, Karen Zuniga, Owen Taylor, Altagracia Puente, Emily Repp, Chapa Middle School, “CSI: Chapa Science Investigators,” $3,250
* Tracy Mulligan, Kerri Jones, Carrie Adams, Renee Kocsis, Stacey Magnesio, Shelly Pruitt, Holly Brewer, Michelle Zuniga, Jais Specht, Kyle Elementary School, “KES Environmental Study Center, Earth Science Area,” $5,000
* LeeAnn Voges, Amy Bradfield, Karen Kessel, Jill Williams, Jeannine Inbody, Science Hall Elementary School and Tobias Elementary School, “Learning and Literacy Across Hays CISD and Beyond!” $3,334
* Erin Sivils, Kendra Ivy, Nadine Hogan, Fuentes Elementary School, “Literacy and Social Skills Building for Children with Autism,” $4,187
* Carrie Bartsch and Staci Perkins, Negley Elementary School and Blanco Vista Elementary School, “Olympian Battle of the Books,” $547
* Julie Ward and Julie McCann, Hays High School, “Tai Chi for Students with Disabilities,” $1,350
* Amanda Sargent, Beth Barnes, Teresa Aziz, Stacey Magnesio, Carrie Adams, Michelle Zuniga, Erin Devetski, Amy Waugh, Marisa Garcia, Bertha Endsley, Michelle Bolinger, Kyle Elementary School, “The Daily Five Alive!” $4,507
* Betty Copeland, Dahlstrom Middle School, “Dahlstrom Middle School Chess Nuts Chess Program,” $2,000Email | Print