FROM SUBMITTED REPORTS
Construction and other activities likely to affect traffic in San Marcos starting next week:
- Woods Street: A segment of Woods Street, between Comanche and North Street, will be closed during construction of the new Texas State University Engineering & Science Building beginning Monday, Aug. 15 until August 2018. Project manager Scott Rouse, 512-245-2202.
- East De Zavala Drive: From Staples Road to Texas 123, street renovation maintenance will be completed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, weather permitting, Aug. 3 through Aug. 22. Please park your vehicle off the street or it may be towed at your own expense. Obey warning signs and flagmen. City of San Marcos Streets department, 512-393-8025.
- Sessom Drive at Peques Street: A city contractor will be working in the area to install underground electrical conduit. One lane of westbound Sessom will be closed daily and through the weekend for construction at Peques Drive. The intermittent closure is currently scheduled during working hours until August 12. City of San Marcos Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Sessom Drive at North LBJ Drive: City contractor will be inspecting a sanitary sewer line in Sessom Creek. One lane of westbound Sessom (right turn lane onto N. LBJ) will be closed intermittently for the inspection. The intermittent closure is currently scheduled during working hours until Aug. 19. City of San Marcos Engineering/Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Charles Austin Drive at Aquarena Springs Drive: The right lane, westbound headed toward Charles Austin, will be closed for asphalt laying, starting at about 400 feet west of Laurel Street, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 18. Texas Department of Transportation, 512-750-5189.
- San Marcos High School ROTC 5K Run: Police officers will provide traffic control for the 5K Rattlesnake Run, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 20. The run begins at the high school andincluds Rattler Road, McCarty Lane, Old Bastrop Highway and a small portion of Texas 123, between McCarty Lane and Old Bastrop Highway. Lt. Col. Anthony Williams, 334-322-4279.
- North Comanche at Lindsey: All lanes will be closed, in both directions for new construction, in the 400 block of Comanche Street. Signs will mark detour. Skyline Builders, 512-699-6465.
- East San Antonio Street: Every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., half a block of street closed from the alley to North LBJ Drive for the Farmers Market on the Square. San Marcos Main Street, 512-393-8430.