COVER: San Marcos fire department work to fight a fire at the Autumn Chase apartments on July 27. PHOTO by JERILYNN THORPE/THE UNIVERSITY STAR
by JERILYNN THORPE
San Marcos firefighters responded to a call at Autumn Chase apartments, 1606 Interstate 35 access road at Aquarena Springs Drive, at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
A resident who occupies the apartment came home to see her home on fire, she said, after a neighbor called her to inform her of the situation.
“I came home and there was just smoke off the corner of the wall,” the tenant said. “I’m assuming it was electrical. It was just that corner and it got worse and worse and worse.”
Joshua Meadows, Texas State student, resides adjacent to the apartment on fire. He thought the strong smell was just ozone, until he was evacuated by the fire department.
There was no one in the apartment at the time the incident occurred.
JERILYNN THORPE reports for The University Star, the student newspaper of Texas State University, where this story was originally published. It is made available here through a news partnership between the University Star and the San Marcos Mercury.Email | Print