COVER: The ruins of the Fischer Store Road bridge over the Blanco River. PHOTO by JON THOMPSON
List of the dead as of Tuesday, June 2:• Jonathan Andrew McComb, age 6, found May 27 near Water Park Road and RR 3237 in Wimberley.
• Dayton Larry Thomas, age 74, was identified Wednesday. He was found in northern San Marcos Sunday afternoon.
• Jose Alvaro Arteaga-Pichardo, age 29. He was found in the area of Loop 165 in Wimberley Tuesday afternoon.• Michelle Marie Carey-Charba, age 43, Carey-Charba was swept away in floodwaters early Sunday morning and was recovered Wednesday in Caldwell County.
• Ralph Hugh Carey, White Male, age 73 , found May 28 near Fox Road northwest of San Marcos.
• Sue McNeil Carey, White Female, age 71, ound May 30 at Lime Kiln and Water Tower Roads in San Marcos.
• Laura Schultz McComb, White Female, age 34, found May 30 near the Blanco River near the 700 Block of Bluffview Road in Wimberley.
• Kenneth Reissig, White Male, age 81, found May 28 near the Blanco River at Narrows Road, near the Blanco/Hays County line.
List of missing:
• William Randall Charba, White Male, age 42, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
• William Charba, White Male, age 6, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
• Leighton McComb, White Female, age 4, last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
6:12 p.m. MONDAY, JUNE 1: Authorities have identified two bodies found last week in the wreckage of the Memorial Day Weekend flood.
Sue McNeil Carey, 71, and Laura Schultz McComb, 34, were identified today using medical and dental records. Four people remain listed as missing. In all, eight bodies have been recovered in Hays County, and all but one has been identified.
Carey’s body was found May 30 at 11:30 a.m. near Lime Kiln Road at Water Tower Road in San Marcos. McComb’s body was found a few hours later in flood debris near the Blanco River near the 700 block of Bluffview Road in Wimberley.Email | Print