FROM STAFF REPORTS
JOHNSON CITY — Pedernales Electric Cooperative will host a forum next week for candidates seeking one of three board of director positions up for election this year. Two of the board seats, Districts 6 and 7, cover large portions of Hays County.
The forum will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 23 at Pedernales Electric headquarters, 201 S. Ave. F in Johnson City. Eleven potential candidates have petitioned for places on the ballot:
- Mark Axford
- Cristi Clement (incumbent)
PEC District 1 Map [pdf]
- Paul Graf
- Max Hosford
- Larry Landaker (incumbent)
- Jake Pustejovsky
- Jeff Ross
PEC District 6 Map [pdf]
- Amy Lea SJ Akers
- Jeff Barton
- Douglas Kadjar
- Herschel P. “Mac” McCullough
PEC District 7 Map [pdf]
PEC will announce the official slate of candidates on April 21 following a review of candidate eligibility on April 15.
Cooperative members should receive ballots by May 21 and can vote by mail or online through June 21. Ballots can also be cast at the annual membership meeting to be held this year on June 20 in Cedar Park.
2015 PEC Election Dates
- April 15: Qualifications Review Committee meeting to review nominee applications.
- April 21: Board director candidates officially announced.
- April 23: Candidate forum at PEC headquarters in Johnson City, where Board candidates communicate their credentials, experience and views to members.
- May 21: Members begin receiving ballots, candidate biographies and annual meeting notices; online voting begins.
- June 12: Online and mail-in voting ends.
- June 21: PEC Annual Meeting at Cedar Park High School’s Leander ISD South Performing Arts Center, 2150 Cypress Creek Road in Cedar Park. In-person voting; election results announced.
COVER: PHOTO by SEAN LOYLESS. MERCURY ILLUSTRATION by BRAD ROLLINS.