If you go …
- What: Seton Medical Center Hays Community Health Fair
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27
- Where: Seton Hays, 6001 Kyle Parkway near Interstate 35
Screenings and demonstrations
- AED/defibrillator demonstrations
- Ask a doctor session
- Blood pressure screenings
- Body mass index readings
- Flu shots
- Healthy food demonstrations
- Mock-surgery demonstrations
- Overall health screenings
- Skin cancer screenings
- Thyroid screenings
A range of basic health screenings and information will be available to Hays County area residents at Seton Medical Center Hays’ Community Health Fair this weekend.
The fair is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27 at Seton Medical Center Hays, 6001 Kyle Parkway. Admission is free.
Health care providers at more than 40 booths will provide products, services, giveaways and food as part of the fair, which organizers say drew about 650 attendees last year. Available services include overall health, blood pressure, skin care and thyroid screenings; flu shots; and body mass index readings.
Childrens’ activities will include visits with “Andy the Ambulance” from San Marcos/Hays County Emergency Medical Services and a haunted hospital ward, decorated for Halloween.
For information, visit the health fair website here.
Health fair participants
- Austin Regional Clinic
- Blood Center of Central Texas
- Championship Hearts Foundation
- CommuniCare Health Centers
- Heart to Heart Hospice of San Marcos
- Kyle Parkway Ob/Gyn Associates
- Legend Oaks Healthcare & Rehabilitation Kyle
- Odyssey Hospice
- Santa Cruz Catholic School (Buda)
- Seton Brain & Spine Institute
- Seton CHIP & STAR Medicaid
- Seton Diabetes Education Center
- Seton Edgar B. Davis Children’s Care-a-Van
- Seton Family of Doctors
- Seton Heart Institute
- Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA)
- Total Wellness – San Marcos
- Walgreen’s Photo Booth
- Warm Springs Rehabilitation
- Wimberley Home Health