A rundown of projects and events expected to affect traffic this week in San Marcos:
- Alamo Street at Yall Street: 1200 block of Alamo. All lanes of traffic will be closed 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 31 for water main work.
- Hopkins Street at Thorpe Lane: Intermittent east bound lane closures on Hopkins from Charles Austin to Long Street and on Thorpe Lane from Hopkins to Springtown Way for waterline construction began July 2. Major project also includes drainage, sidewalk and street improvements. Engineering/ Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Thorpe Lane: From Springtown Way to Aquarena Springs Drive. Intermittent lane closures from July 9 to July 27 for milling and overlay. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Aquarena Springs Drive at Thorpe Lane: 1500 block, eastbound outside right lane will be closed 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 9 to July 27 for milling and overlay in association with the Thorpe Lane project. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- North LBJ Drive: Southbound lane from Holland to Forest Drive will be closed for water main installation beginning July 16. Southbound traffic will detour to Chestnut Street (which remains two-way). Engineering/Capital Improvements. 512-393-8130
- MLK Drive: From Fredericksburg to LBJ Drive, the center lane will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. June 18 to Aug. 17 for sanitary sewer pipe bursting. The outside lanes in both directions will be open for regular traffic. Insitu Form Technologies, LLC., 713-845-3016.
- West Hopkins Street: From North Comanche Street to North Guadalupe Street. Intermittent lane closures 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 9 to Aug 24 for water and storm drain installation. Aaron Concrete Contractors, 512-92607326.
- Fredericksburg Street: From West San Antonio Street to West Hopkins Street. A lanes of traffic will be closed from July 9 to October 17 for water and storm drain installation. Aaron Concrete Contractors, 512-926-7326.
- North LBJ Drive: At Concho Street. All lanes of traffic will be closed May 21 to August 20, 2012 (7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for building and street construction at Bobcat Trail Street. Texas State University, 512-245-1737.
- Woods Street: All lanes of traffic from North LBJ Drive to Guadalupe Street will be closed May 21 to August 20, 2012 for utility construction. Texas State University, 512-245-1737.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the Interstate 35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- University Drive: Between CM Allen Parkway and LBJ Drive. One westbound lane will be closed until Aug. 15 for construction and safety. North sidewalk closure between Moon Street and LBJ until Nov. 1. Hunt Construction Group, Inc., 512-245-2068.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400–500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street. Will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-2244.
- Moore Street: 600 block. All lanes of traffic will be closed from June 18 to Aug. 11 for construction of dormitory and utilities. Texas State University, 512-245-2202.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.