A rundown of projects and events expected to affect traffic this week in San Marcos:
- Mill Street: From Aquarena Springs Drive to Uhland Road. Intermittent lane closures from May 14 to June 20, 2012 for installation of speed humps. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- West MLK Drive: 600–700 block. Northbound lane will be closed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 20-27 for sewer line cable study. PM Construction & Rehab LP, 281-850-0547.
- West San Antonio Street: 200 block. Southbound lane will be closed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 20-27 for sewer line cable study. PM Construction & Rehab LP, 281-850-0547.
- Thorpe Lane: Springtown Way to Aquarena Springs Drive. Intermittent lane closures from July 9 to July 27 for milling and overlay. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- McGehee Street: 600 block. Northbound lane will be closed 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 20-27 for sewer line cable study. PM Construction & Rehab LP, 281-850-0547.
- East McCarty Lane: 1600 block, outside westbound lane will be closed from May 30 to June 30 (7 a.m. – 5 p.m.) for milling. Texas Sterling Construction, Co., 210-380-6041.
- Woods Street: All lanes of traffic from North LBJ Drive to Guadalupe Street will be closed May 21 to August 20, 2012 for utility construction. Texas State University, 512-245-1737.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the Interstate 35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- University Drive: Between CM Allen Parkway and LBJ Drive. One westbound lane will be closed until Aug. 15 for construction and safety. North sidewalk closure between Moon Street and LBJ until Nov. 1. Hunt Construction Group, Inc., 512-245-2068.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8 to Sept. 1 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400–500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street. Will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-2244.
- Moore Street: 600 block. All lanes of traffic will be closed from June 18 to Aug. 11 for construction of dormitory and utilities. Texas State University, 512-245-2202.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.