A rundown of projects and events expected to affect traffic this week in San Marcos:
View Mill Street closures in a larger map
- Mill Street: Telluride to Interstate 35. Closed from May 16 to May 25 for a wastewater project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Mill Street: From Aquarena Springs Drive to Uhland Road. Intermittent lane closures from May 14 to June 14 for asphalt overlay work. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- North LBJ Drive: 1000 and 1300 block. Southbound lane of traffic will be closed 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 22 and/or May 23 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. for geotechnical sampling. Fugro Consultants, 512-903-8143.
- University Drive: 500 block, southwest lanes will be closed from May 21 to May 26 for sewer line reline. Peabody G C, 512-844-3105.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the Interstate 35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- Cheatham Street: At Riverside Drive. The intersection will be closed for installation of storm drains until May 25. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- University Drive: North sidewalk closure between Moon Street and LBJ until Nov. 1. Hunt Construction Group, Inc., 512-245-2068.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400–500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street. Will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.