A rundown of construction or events expected to affect traffic in San Marcos this week:
- North LBJ Drive: 1000 block. Southbound lane of traffic will be closed 9a.m. to 4 p.m. May 14 and/or May 15 for geotechnical sampling. Fugro Consultants, 512-903-8143.
- North LBJ Drive: 1300 block, geotechnical sampling along the northbound lane of traffic on May 14 and/or May 15, 2012 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fugro Consultants, 512-903-8143.
- North LBJ Drive: 100 block, all lanes of traffic will be closed 7 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. May 19 for the Texas Natural & Western Swing Festival. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.
- East San Antonio Street: 100 block, all lanes of traffic will be closed 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19 for the Texas Natural & Western Swing Festival. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.
- Mill Street: From Aquarena Springs Drive to Uhland Road will have intermittent lane closures from May 14 to June 14, 2012 for asphalt overlay. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Interstate 35 Northbound: From Blanco River Bridge to Yarrington Overpass. The middle and outside lanes will be closed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, May 14 to Wednesday, May 16 for mill and inlay hot mix. Texas Department of Transportation, 512-353-1061
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the Interstate 35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- Cheatham Street: At Riverside Drive. The intersection will be closed for installation of storm drains until May 25. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- University Drive: North sidewalk closure between Moon Street and LBJ until Nov. 1. Hunt Construction Group, Inc., 512-245-2068.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400–500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street. Will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.