A rundown of construction or events expected to affect traffic in San Marcos this week:
- Cape Road: From Texas 123 to Luciano Flores Blvd. The street will be closed from May 7 to May 11 for asphalt overlay. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Luciano Flores Blvd: From Cape Road to the Interstate 35 Frontage Road will have intermittent lane closures from May 7 to May 11, 2012 for asphalt overlay. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Charles Austin Drive: Between Aquarena Springs Drive and Jowers Access. Both lanes will be closed 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 10. Commencement ceremonies. Texas State University Police Department, 512.512-245-6272.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5 Monday – Friday signs” between Younger Street and Holland Street is in progress. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- Cheatham Street: At Riverside Drive, The intersection will be closed for installation of storm drains until from April 2 to May 25, 2012. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- University Drive: North sidewalk closure between Moon Street and LBJ until November 1, 2012. Hunt Construction Group, Inc., 512-245-2068.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 512-245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.