A rundown of construction or events expected to affect traffic in San Marcos this week:
- Cinco de Mayo Parade: These streets will be closed 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 5 for the parade: 100 – 600 block East Hopkins Street, 200 block of North Guadalupe Street, 100 – 300 block of East Hutchison Street and 200 block of CM Allen Parkway. Parade starts at 9 a.m. Traffic will be detoured to Charles Austin Drive, Aquarena Springs Drive, University Drive, West Hutchison Street, Moore Street, West San Antonio Street, South Guadalupe Street, South LBJ Drive, CM Allen Parkway and Cheatham Street. San Marcos Police Department, 512-753-2119.
- Farm-to-Market Road 1966: From Texas 21 to Texas 142. Intermittent lane closures 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 23 to May 11. Traffic will be handled through work zone by the contractor. Flaggers will direct traffic. Motorists need to use caution around heavy equipment and obey warning signs. Texas Department of Transportation, 830-609-0707.
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 MPH signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5 Monday – Friday signs” between Younger Street and Holland Street is in progress. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 512-393-8036.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 512-393-8430.
- Cheatham Street: Will be closed for installation of storm drains until from April 2 to May 25, 2012. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512.343.4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is November 2013. Texas State University, 245.1547.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.