A summary of construction projects expected to impact traffic in San Marcos this week:
- Interstate 35 Northbound: From Blanco River Bridge to Yarrington Overpass. The middle and outside lanes will be closed from April 1 – April 5 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.) for mill and inlay hot mix. Texas Department of Transportation, 353-1061
- East McCarty Lane: Landscape and maintenance crews will be operating along the project limits. Anticipate occasional lane closures, slow moving vehicles in lanes, construction equipment in roadside and interrupted use of sidewalks during watering and/or landscaping operations until mid May. Capital Improvements, 393-8130
- River Road: From IH 35 frontage road to Old Martindale Road will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until April 20, 2012. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services-Transportation, 393-8036.
- Rio Vista Street: From IH 35 Frontage Road to Sycamore Street will be closed between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for concrete work. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- McKinnon Street: Between Sycamore and Cheatham will be closed until from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. until April 7 for asphalt repair work. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Chestnut Street: A 90-day trial period for “No Parking Any Time, 8-5 Monday – Friday signs” between Younger Street and Holland Street is in progress. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: The city has begun a 90-day trial period for 25 mph signs between Hopkins Street and the IH-35 southbound frontage road. Please submit your comments to the Public Services Transportation Division at 393-8036.
- Fredericksburg Street: 400 block, all lanes of traffic for half the block will be closed from March 8, 2012 to September 1, 2013 for construction of apartment complex. Skyline Commercial, Inc., 512-343-4555.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400-500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.