Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week:
- Rio Vista Street: Utility work is complete except for the 300 block between Field and Cheatham Streets. Concrete work installing sidewalks and driveways will continue from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: The 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH 35 access road will be closed due to roadway construction beginning Feb. 20, weather permitting. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- West MLK Drive: The 500 – 900 block from Nance Street to South Mitchell Avenue will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until Feb. 29. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorists will need to be cautious around heavy equipment and to obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Cheatham Street: The 1000 – 1200 block between McKinnon Street and East Hopkins Street will be closed for continued concrete work of curb and gutter, driveways, sidewalks and paving from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. until the end of February. Traffic will be detoured to Haynes Street, Field Street, Riverside Drive and East Hopkins Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line will have total reconstruction of the road continuing until the end of March. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic and to observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: The 400 – 500 block area from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245-2244.
- East San Antonio Street: Half a block will be closed from the alley to North LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.