Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week
- West MLK Drive: 500 – 900 block, from Nance Street to South Mitchell Avenue will be open to through traffic but will have lane closures due to milling and asphalt overlay until Feb. 21. Flaggers will direct traffic, and motorists will need to cautious around heavy equipment and obey warning signs. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: 400 block, road will be open but the west-bound lane will be closed due to installation of a new 12” waterline until mid-February from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Flaggers will be directing traffic, and motorists are advised to observe warning signs. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Rio Vista Street: 200 – 400 block between Haynes Street and IH-35 frontage road will be closed due to installation of sewer line, road excavation, material storage and concrete work until end of February from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Motorists will be detoured to Haynes Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Roberts Street: 100 block from Sycamore Street to IH-35 access road will be closed for roadway excavation until mid February. Traffic will be detoured to Riverside Drive. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- McKinnon Street: 200 – 300 block between Haynes Street and Cheatham Street will be closed for road paving until mid-February. Motorists will be detoured to Cheatham Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 1000 – 1200 block, between McKinnon Street and East Hopkins Street will be closed for continued concrete work of curb and gutter, driveways, sidewalks and paving from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. until mid-February. Traffic will be detoured to Haynes Street, Field Street, Riverside Drive and East Hopkins Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Lockhart Street: 100 block, road will be open but there will be lane closures due to curb improvement project until the beginning of February. Motorists need to observe warning signs, be cautious around heavy machinery and road crews. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line, total reconstruction of road until mid-February. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic and to observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.