The Uhland Road low-water crossing over the Blanco River is one of the roads still closed by late morning on Wednesday. Thunderstorms dumped rain across Central Texas overnight, causing some low-scale flooding. PHOTO by BRAD ROLLINS
UPDATED 11 a.m.: Most San Marcos roads are open to traffic following some street flooding after last night’s thunder storms.
At 11 a.m. the only two roads that are still closed are the Uhland Road crossing at the Blanco River and River Road at the railroad trestle. An expected rise on the Blanco River will keep the Uhland Road crossing closed until later this afternoon.
UPDATED 9:30 a.m.: Lime Kiln Road near Post Road at the low water crossing is now open.
The Uhland Road low water crossing at the Blanco River will remain closed most of the day as a rise on the Blanco from Wimberley is anticipated in the next few hours. Crews will assess the situation this afternoon.
A number of San Marcos area streets and roads are closed this morning following heavy overnight rain and street flooding. A rain gauge at City Hall recorded 4.6 inches of rain in San Marcos.
Road closures include:
- West Interstate 35 access road at Riverside Drive
- Riverside at Cheatham
- Northbound to southbound turnaround at Aquarena Springs
- Willow Creek at McKie
- River Road at Cape
- Burt Brown at Post
- Post and Lime Kiln
- Riverside at Riviera
- River Road at railroad trestle
- Uhland Road at Blanco River
UPDATED 8:25 a.m.: These San Marcos area roads and low water crossings are also closed.
- Uhland Road at east Interstate access road
- FM 621 (Staples Road) at low-water crossing
- Harris Hill Road at low-water crossing
- York Creek Road at low-water crossing
- Lime Kiln Road at Post Road
- County Road 266 and Texas 123 at low-water crossing
In addition, these Kyle streets are closed:
- Burleson Road is completely closed.
- Both low water crossings on Lehman Road are closed.
- The east side I35 Frontage is closed at the Saddle Creek Apartments.
- Dacy Lane is closed between Beebe and Kyle Parkway
- The west frontage road at Burleson may need to be closed as water is approaching that area.
- Dacy Lane at low-water crossing
- Bunton Creek Lane at low-water crossing
- Cotton Gin Road at Goforth Road
- Texas 21 north of Yarrington Road
- Post Road near west Interstate 35 access road
- Windy Hill Road east of Dacy Lane
- Texas 21 at Bon Ton Grocery
- Heidenriech Lane at low-water crossing
A tree was reported to have fallen on a house on Stagecoach this morning and a couple of brief localized power outages were reported to police dispatch. No injuries or major property damage have been reported.