Transportation projects expected to impact traffic this week:
- Uhland Road and Mill Street: Intersection has new 4-way stop signs to improve safety and traffic calming in the area. Please be aware of new signage. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- Riverside Drive: 400 block, road will be open but the west bound lane will be closed due to installation of a new 12” waterline until end of January 2012 from 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Flaggers will be directing traffic and motorist are advised to observe warning signs. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Rio Vista Street: 400 block between Sycamore Street and IH 35 frontage road, will be closed due to installation of sewer line and road excavation until end of January 2012, from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Motorists will be detoured to Field Street, Haynes Street and IH 35 frontage road. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Cheatham Street: 1000 – 1200 block, between McKinnon Street and East Hopkins Street will be closed for continued concrete work of driveways, sidewalks and asphalt road application from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. until end of January 2012. Traffic will be detoured to Haynes Street, Field Street, Riverside Drive and East Hopkins Street. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- Centerpoint Road: East of Old Bastrop Highway to the Guadalupe County Line, total reconstruction of road until mid January 2012. Motorists need to be aware of periodic lane closures with flaggers directing traffic and to observe warning signs and watch for heavy equipment. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- North Edward Gary Street: 400 – 500 block, from University Drive to Woods Street will be closed for construction of the new Performing Arts Center Complex. Scheduled completion date is September 2012. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- Moon Street: West sidewalk closure from University Drive to Concho Green until September 2013. Texas State University, 245.2244.
- East San Antonio Street: half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.
More information here.