The city of San Marcos has purchased and rehabilitated two 3-bedroom homes with grant funds and will sell the homes to qualified homebuyers.
Applications to buy the homes will be accepted on Thursday, June 2, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Development Services-Planning office on the second floor of the Municipal Building, 630 East Hopkins Street.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling the City’s Development Services office at 393-8230.
The project is funded by a Texas Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) grant issued by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA).
The selected homebuyers will receive a zero-interest, 30-year loan from TDHCA. The applicant must be able to pay $500 as a down payment – no other closing costs will be charged to the homebuyer.
The applicant must meet eligibility requirements that include:
• Having good credit – a minimum score of 560 is required, and a score of 620 or higher is preferred. Applicants with a score lower than 620 must meet additional credit criteria.
• Having enough monthly income to afford the estimated loan payment of $750.
• Having a total annual household income that does not exceed the following maximum amounts (based on the number of people who will live in the home):
|1 person: $25,850 per year||2 persons: $29,550 per year|
|3 persons: $33,250 per year||4 persons: $36,900 per year|
|5 persons: $39,900 per year||6 persons: $42,850 per year|
• Being able to document all sources of income for all adults in the household
• Having a social security card and photo identification
• Being current on all taxes, student loans, and child support payments
For additional information about the program contact Janis Hendrix, Community Initiatives Administrator, at 393-8147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Email | Print