Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week:
- HUNTER ROAD: 1900 block, alternating lane closures from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. until the end of March due to widening of right and left turn lanes on Hunter. Motorists should watch for flaggers and construction equipment. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- RIO VISTA STREET: Street excavation underway in preparation for base paving from Haynes Street to Cheatham Street. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- RIVERSIDE DRIVE: Closed to through traffic between Riviera and Cheatham through mid-May for installation of wastewater utilities and storm drain. Work will also occur on Cheatham Street between Riverside Drive and Sycamore Street and on Haynes Street between McKinnon and Riverside. Traffic will be detoured to C.M. Allen Parkway, Cheatham Street, McKinnon Street, Haynes Street and E. Hopkins Street to avoid the area. Work to continue through early May. Rio Vista Neighborhood Infrastructure Project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- FIELD STREET: Installation of water services underway in the 900 block of Field Street. Crews will also continue street excavation, base paving and construction of driveways, sidewalks and walkways in the 1100-1000 blocks. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- SYCAMORE STREET: Open to traffic with utility construction continuing until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- NORTH BISHOP: 500 block, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily lane closures will occur between Prospect Street and Brown Street for storm sewer installation. Closures will continue throughout March. Motorists should watch for flaggers and construction equipment. Prospect-Bishop Drainage Improvement Project Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- SOUTHBOUND I-35 EXIT 206: Installation of signage completed; final striping to be completed by the end of March. River Ridge Entrance Ramp Project. Texas Department of Transportation, 830.625.6278.
- EAST HUTCHISON STREET: 200 block, parking area closed and alley will be closed between North LBJ Drive and North Edward Gary Street to through traffic until March 31, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. due to soil removal from construction site. Business access will be permitted. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- CASTLE CREEK DRIVE: Roadway closed to through traffic between Lisa Lane and Nevada Street until early April for drainage improvements. Traffic will be detoured around construction zone. Project completion scheduled for April 2011. Castle Creek Drainage Improvements Project – Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET: 100 block, half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmer’s Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.
Online at sanmarcostx.gov/traffic