Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week:
- DOWNTOWN SQUARE: 100 block North LBJ Drive and 100 block East San Antonio to Hopkins. The inside lane of N. LBJ Drive and the east bound lane of E. San Antonio around the square will be closed for the San Antonio Trailriders on Monday, January 31 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Parking spaces on the Courthouse side of E. San Antonio and N. LBJ Drive will be blocked off from 7:00 a.m. until the trailriders leave. Main Street Program, 893-8430.
- CASTLE CREEK DRIVE: Roadway closed to through traffic between Lisa Lane and Nevada Street beginning February 7 for drainage improvements. Project completion scheduled for April 2011. Castle Creek Drainage Improvements Project – Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- PROSPECT-DARTMOUTH INTERSECTION: The intersection at Prospect Street and Dartmouth Street will be closed through mid-February for drainage improvements. Motorists should detour to Bishop, Progress, Columbia, Clara and Brown Street to avoid the area. Please also be aware of traffic flaggers, construction workers and heavy equipment on Bishop Street. Prospect-Bishop Drainage Improvements project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- NORTHBOUND I-35 FRONTAGE ROAD AT EAST MCCARTY LANE: Single lane closure will be established on the northbound frontage road of I-35 at East McCarty Lane for installation of crosswalk pavers. Lane closures expected until February 7. McCarty Lane Improvements, Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- EAST MCCARTY LANE: Roadway is open to traffic. Final project construction continuing with periodic lane closures expected through February 11. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CHEATHAM STREET: Portions of the 1200-1300 block between Rio Vista & Hopkins will be closed daily from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. until mid-February for water line installation. Access for residents will be available after 5:30 p.m. each day. Motorists should detour to McKinnon Street, Field Street, Haynes Street and Sycamore Street. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project – Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- SYCAMORE STREET: Open to traffic with utility construction continuing until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- HAYNES DRIVE: Street construction and paving on the 900 – 1100 blocks of Haynes Drive through February. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- FIELD STREET & RIVERSIDE DRIVE: Both streets open to traffic with utility construction continuing until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- EAST HUTCHISON STREET: 200 block, parking area closed and alley will be closed between North LBJ Drive and North Edward Gary Street to through traffic until February 28, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. due to soil removal from construction site. Business access will be permitted. Public Services – Transportation, 393-8036.
- SOUTHBOUND I-35 EXIT RAMP 206: Ramp is open to traffic with installation of signage, landscaping and illumination continuing. Lane closures may occur on the frontage road, but access will be available at all times for motorists, school buses and emergency vehicles. Project completion scheduled for February 2011. River Ridge Entrance Ramp Project, Texas Department of Transportation, 830-625-6278.
- LAZY LANE TO OAK STREET: Traffic is reduced to one lane from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily due to water line installation. Project includes installation of a 12-inch water line from the Oakridge pumping station to the Kingswood subdivision at the intersection of Quail Run and Hamilton Hollow. The existing 4-inch line that serves the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood will also be replaced. Project continuing until June 2011. Quail Run Water Improvements Phase 1, Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
More online at sanmarcostx.gov/traffic