Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week will be the closure of the Prospect and Dartmouth intersection. This intersection will be closed until the end of January for drainage improvements.
- Prospect-Dartmouth Intersection: This intersection will be closed through the end of January for drainage improvements. Motorists should detour to Bishop, Progress, Columbia, Clara and Brown Street to avoid the area. Please be aware of traffic flaggers, construction workers and heavy equipment on Bishop Street. Prospect-Bishop Drainage Improvements project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
Prospect-Dartmouth detour. Courtesy Map.
- Martin Luther King, Jr March: Monday, January 17 following the program at 10:30 a.m. at the Hays County Courthouse will be a march down S. LBJ Drive to Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive to Dunbar Community Center. The Dunbar Heritage Association invites participants to park at the Dunbar Center, 801 MLK, Jr. Drive, at 9:30 a.m. Vans will run every 15 minutes to the Hays County Courthouse. Public Services – Transportation, 512-393-8036.
- Cheatham Street: Portions of 1100 and 1200 block will be closed daily from 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. for water line installation. Access for residents will be available after 5:30 p.m. each day. Motorists should detour to McKinnon Street, Field Street, Haynes Street and Sycamore Street. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Sycamore Street: This street will be open to traffic with utility construction continuing until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Haynes Drive: Street construction and paving on the 900 – 1100 blocks of Haynes Drive through February. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Field Street and Riverside Drive: Both streets open to traffic with utility construction continuing until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Infrastructure project. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- East Hutchison Street: The 200 block, parking area closed and alley will be closed between North LBJ Drive and North Edward Gary Street to through traffic from Jan. 5 – 31, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. due to soil removal from construction site. Business access will be permitted. Public Services – Transportation, 512- 393-8036.
- Southbound Interstate 35 Exit Ramp 206: The ramp is open to traffic with installation of signage, landscaping and illumination continuing. Lane closures may occur on the frontage road, but access will be available at all times for motorists, school buses and emergency vehicles. Project completion scheduled for February 2011. River Ridge Entrance Ramp Project, Texas Department of Transportation, 830-625-6278.
- East Sessom Drive: Two eastbound lanes closed from North LBJ Drive to Ed JL Green Street have been delayed due to cold weather until Jan. 19, for water line construction and paving. Watch for traffic flaggers, construction workers and heavy equipment. Public Services – W/WW, 512-393-8010.
- East McCarty Lane: Roadway is open to traffic. Final project construction continuing with periodic lane closures expected in January. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Quail Run Water Improvements: Quail Run residents and property owners near the Oakridge water pump station at the end of Harmon’s Way will notice water line construction underway. The project includes construction of 8,600 feet of 12-inch water line from the Oakridge pumping station to the Kingswood subdivision at the intersection of Quail Run and Hamilton Hollow. The existing four-inch line that serves the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood will also be replaced. Project completion is expected in June 2011. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Study: Uniformed inspectors are conducting below ground manhole inspections and testing until February within local neighborhoods to include: Westover, Heritage, Dunbar, Southwest Hills, Oak Heights, Park Place, Weatherford Heights, Coers Street and Holland Street. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.
- Downtown ADA Improvements: Construction will take place on many of the handicap ramps throughout the downtown area. Lanes will be closed but the streets will remain open. Scheduled completion is end of January. Capital Improvements, 512-393-8130.