SUBMITTED AND REPORTS
Early voting in the Nov. 2 San Marcos City Council election, as well as county, state and national elections, will be held weekdays from Monday, Oct. 18 through Friday, Oct. 29, and Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 23-24.
San Marcos voters will choose a Mayor and City Council Members in Place 1, Place 2 and Place 6 on the City Council. Candidates are:
- Mayor: John Thomaides and Daniel Guerrero
- Place 1: David Newman and Kim Porterfield
- Place 2: Toby Hooper and Jude Prather
- Place 6: Shane Scott and Rodney Van Oudekerke
The city ballot will also contain two propositions:
- Proposition 1: Allowing the City of San Marcos to lease portions of the Recreation Building in City Park to the San Marcos Noon Lions Club for tube rental operations for five years, with four options to renew for additional five year periods.
- Proposition 2: To add a section to the City Charter allowing the city council to appoint a city internal auditor.
Voters in both San Marcos CISD and Hays CISD will decided whether to join to the Austin Community College taxing district, opening the door to community college campuses in those communities.
Early voting will be held at the following locations and times in San Marcos:
- Hays County Elections Office, 401-C Broadway, Oct 18-22, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 24 from 1 to 5 p.m. and Oct. 25-Oct 29 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- San Marcos Library, 625 E. Hopkins, large meeting room; Oct. 18-22, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Oct. 23, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Oct. 24, 1 to 5 p.m. and Oct 25-29 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Texas State University-San Marcos, LBJ Student Center, 700 Student Center Drive; Oct. 27-28 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Other early polling places in Hays County include Kyle City Hall, 100 W. Center Street, Kyle; Dripping Springs ISD Office, 510 W. Mercer, Dripping Springs; Wimberley Community Center, 14068 Ranch Road 12, Wimberley; Buda City Hall, 121 N. Main Street, Buda; Woodcreek City Hall, 41 Champion Circle, Woodcreek; Belterra Clubhouse, 801 Belterra Drive, Dripping Springs, Seton Medical Center, 6001 Kyle Parkway, Kyle.