Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week:
- EAST MCCARTY LANE, both lanes will remain closed in each direction from IH 35 frontage road to Old Bastrop Highway until scheduled completion date of November 17. Local access for residents will remain but school, postal, emergency and other motorists will be detoured to Clovis R. Barker Road or Centerpoint Road. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- COMANCHE, water line construction continues on Comanche between West Martin Luther King Drive and Hutchison Street with periodic lane and intersection closures on Hopkins. Boring under Hopkins Street is in progress. Traffic will be detoured to West Hopkins Street, South Guadalupe Street, West Martin Luther King Drive, North Street, Harvey Street, Nance Street and West San Antonio Street. Construction on this water line project will continue into September. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- GUADULUPE (LOOP 82), from University Drive to frontage road of IH 35 will have periodic lane closures for road resurfacing at night to minimize impact on motorists. Project continues through August 27, from 8 p.m. – 6 a.m., including pavement repair, seal coat, overlay and striping. TxDOT, 353.1061.
- HARRIS HILL ROAD, north end will be closed for repair and resurfacing between North Point subdivision and Yarrington Road until further notice. Motorist will be detoured to SH 21. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE extension, construction from Bishop to Wonder World Drive continues through October. The intersection of Bishop and Craddock is open but future closure is anticipated for final overlay, milling and striping at the end of September. Please watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World Drive, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Access to Purgatory Park will be limited at the Craddock intersection. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- PURGATORY PARK ACCESS FROM FRANKLIN DRIVE will be closed through October. Park access should be available following the completion of the Craddock Avenue Extension. Persons interested in accessing the park will need to approach from Ranch Road 12 or Hunter Road down Wonder World Drive and turn south at the Craddock intersection. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CHEATHAM STREET is open to through traffic. Construction continues on Haynes Drive from Riverside Drive to Cheatham Street and on Rio Vista and McKinnon both from Haynes Drive to Cheatham Street to install storm sewer, water and wastewater services. Motorists need to be aware of various street closures until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- DOWNTOWN ADA IMPROVEMENTS, construction will take place on many of the handicap ramps throughout the downtown area. Lanes will be closed but the streets will remain open. Scheduled completion is end of summer. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- SAN ANTONIO STREET, 100 block, half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmer’s Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430.