Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week:
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE FROM HUNTER ROAD TO STAGECOACH TRAIL, will be closed from 8 p.m. – 6:30 a.m., June 15 – 17 for final overlay of asphalt. Traffic will be detoured to Stagecoach Trail. Officer controlled barriers will be in place and drivers are advised to be aware of construction workers and heavy equipment. Public Services, 383-8036.
- JUNETEETH PARADE, WEST MARTIN LUTHER KING DRIVE, June 19 at 10 a.m. parade route begins at Dunbar Community Center to South LBJ Drive then proceeds to East Hutchison Street and ends at City Park. Streets will not be barricaded for parade but police escort will be provided. Public Services, 383-8036.
- EAST MCCARTY LANE, both lanes closed in each direction from IH 35 frontage road to Old Bastrop Highway on June 14 – 16 from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. for utility construction that was delayed due to weather. Motorists are advised to use Clovis R. Barker Road or Centerpoint Road to avoid the area. Construction of additional lanes began in April with scheduled completion for October/November. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- OLD BASTROP HIGHWAY (CR 266), one lane closed at a time June 11 & 14 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to pave and resurface between Staples Road (FM 621) and Redwood Road. Repaving will continue on June 15 – 17 between Redwood Road and SH 123. Hays County Road Department, 383-7385
- RIO VISTA STREET, will be closed to thru traffic from Field Street to Sycamore Street until June 16 for installation of new water line. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- CHEATHAM STREET, will be open to through traffic for the next several weeks. Construction will continue on Haynes Drive from Riverside Drive to Cheatham Street and on Rio Vista and McKinnon both from Haynes Drive to Cheatham Street to install storm sewer, water and wastewater services. Motorists need to be aware of various street closures until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- HAYNES STREET, from Cheatham to Riverside Drive, road closed in different sections to through traffic for installation of new water line until the end of June. Motorists are advised to use C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as possible detour routes. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive continues through August. The intersection of Bishop and Craddock will be closed during construction. To turn left on Bishop, detour left on Allen Street. To turn right on Bishop, continue straight and follow the cones. Please follow the detour signs and watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Access to Purgatory Park will be limited at the Craddock intersection due to asphalt overlay. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- COMANCHE STREET, closed to through traffic in segments from West Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive to West Hutchison Street for construction of a new water line. Traffic will be detoured to Fredericksburg Street, S. Guadalupe Street, W. Hutchinson Street, W. Hopkins Street, W. San Antonio Street, and W. MLK Drive to avoid the area. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, traffic is rerouted to the new permanent intersection configuration of Ranch Road 12 and Wonder World Drive. Traffic controls and overhead illumination are being used at the new intersection to enhance roadway safety and reduce traffic speed. Expect delays. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
- SESSOM DRIVE, TxDOT began resurfacing from University Drive to Academy. The project will include guardrail improvement, milling and overlay to create a smooth final surface with fresh striping. Final completion scheduled for early July. TxDOT Public Affairs, 512.832.7060.
- DOWTOWN ADA IMPROVEMENTS, construction will take place on many of the handicap ramps throughout the downtown area. Lanes will be closed but the streets will remain open. Scheduled completion is end of summer. Capital Improvements, 383-8130.
— FROM THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS