Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic this week:
- EAST MCCARTY LANE, both lanes closed in each direction from IH 35 frontage road to Old Bastrop Highway on June 7 – 12 from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. for utility construction. Motorists are advised to use Clovis R. Barker Road or Centerpoint Road to avoid the area. Construction of additional lanes began in April with scheduled completion for October/November. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- OLD BASTROP HIGHWAY (CR 266), one lane closed at a time June 10 – 11 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to pave and resurface between Staples Road (FM 621) and Redwood Road. Repaving will continue on June 14 – 16 between Redwood Road and SH 123. Hays County Road Department, 393-7385
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive continues through August. The intersection of Bishop and Craddock will be closed during construction. To turn left on Bishop, detour left on Allen Street. To turn right on Bishop, continue straight and follow the cones. Please follow the detour signs and watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Access to Purgatory Park will be limited at the Craddock intersection due to asphalt overlay. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE AT HUNTER ROAD is open to traffic and will experience increased truck traffic as final overlay begins on the Wonder World Drive extension. Traffic control barriers are still in place and drivers are advised to be aware of construction workers and heavy equipment. Night crews will be working in this area, as well as along Hunter Road to Stagecoach, to complete final surfacing. Public Services, 393-8036.
- SAN ANTONIO STREET, 100 block, half a block closed from alley to N. LBJ every Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. for the Farmer’s Market on the Square. Main Street Program, 393-8430
- COMANCHE STREET, closed to through traffic in segments from West Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive to West Hutchison Street for construction of a new water line. Traffic will be detoured to Fredericksburg Street, S. Guadalupe Street, W. Hutchinson Street, W. Hopkins Street, W. San Antonio Street, and W. MLK Drive to avoid the area. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, traffic is rerouted to the new permanent intersection configuration of Ranch Road 12 and Wonder World Drive. Traffic controls and overhead illumination are being used at the new intersection to enhance roadway safety and reduce traffic speed. Expect delays. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- SESSOM DRIVE, TxDOT began resurfacing from University Drive to Academy. The project will include guardrail improvement, milling and overlay to create a smooth final surface with fresh striping. Final completion scheduled for early July. TxDOT Public Affairs, 512.832.7060.
- DOWTOWN ADA IMPROVEMENTS, construction will take place on many of the handicap ramps throughout the downtown area. Lanes will be closed but the streets will remain open. Scheduled completion is end of summer. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WEATHERFORD STREET, one lane will be closed due to lane widening, curb and gutter improvements until mid June. Public Services, 393-8036.
- CHEATHAM STREET, will be open to through traffic for the next several weeks. Construction will continue on Haynes Drive from Riverside Drive to Cheatham Street and on Rio Vista and McKinnon both from Haynes Drive to Cheatham Street to install storm sewer, water and wastewater services. Motorists need to be aware of various street closures until further notice. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- HAYNES STREET, from Cheatham to Riverside Drive, road closed in different sections to through traffic for installation of new water line until the end of June. Motorists are advised to use C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as possible detour routes. Rio Vista Terrace Neighborhood Improvements. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
SEE ALSO: City of San Marcos traffic page here.