Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- RAILROAD REPAIR AT POST ROAD, near Aquarena Springs starting on Monday, April 26 – April 27, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and use Mill Street and Uhland Road. Public Services, 393.8036.
- COMANCHE STREET, from W. Woods Street to Pat Garrison Street will be closed to through traffic due to final wastewater testing, street mill and overlay April 26 -30. Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and use N. Guadalupe Street, N. Fredericksburg Street, Pat Garrison Street, W. Woods Street and North Street to avoid the area. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WEATHERFORD STREET, one lane will be closed for lane widening, curb and gutter improvements. Construction will begin Monday, April 26 and continue until mid-May. Public Services, 393.8036.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, closed on Friday, April 30, from 12 noon – 11 p.m. from Hopkins Street to railroad tracks for Texas State University event. Motorists are advised to use C.M. Allen Parkway, University Drive, Aquarena Springs Drive or Thorpe Street to avoid the area. Public Services, 393.8036.
- CINCO DE MAYO PARADE, Saturday, May 1 at 9 a.m., roads closed temporarily for parade. Parade route: C.M. Allen Parkway at Cheatham Street, left on West Hopkins, right on Fredericksburg, right on Hutchison Street, looping back to C.M. Allen Parkway. Public Services, 393.8036.
- EAST McCARTY LANE, contractor will start construction at the end of April of additional lanes on E. McCarty. Minimal impact to traffic as initial project will be outside the existing pavement limits. McCarty will remain in service during the project until the final connection to the new improvements is made around October/November. Traffic should watch for heavy equipment, slow vehicles, and stopped vehicles between IH-35 and Old Bastrop Highway. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- CHEATHAM STREET, from Riverside to McKinnon will be closed to through traffic for installation of new wastewater line. Construction will continue until the end of May. Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and use Haynes Street, Field Street, Sycamore Street or IH 35 frontage road to avoid the area. This is part of the Rio Vista Terrace neighborhood improvement project. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- HAYNES, from Cheatham to Riverside Drive, road closed in different sections to thru traffic, for installation of new water line until the end of June. Motorists are advised to use C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as detour routes. This is part of the Rio Vista Terrace neighborhood improvement project. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, lane widths will be reduced and shifted to allow construction of the next phase of Wonder World Drive in preparation for future tie-in to Ranch Road 12. There will be no shoulders. Please drive carefully on narrow lanes and be aware of construction vehicles and workers in construction area. Construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- SESSOM DRIVE, storm drainage and street construction from University Drive to Academy Street will continue until early summer. Motorists are advised to watch for lane closures and construction crews. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive will continue until end of May. The intersection of Bishop and Craddock will be closed until the beginning of May for installation of a new waterline. To make a left on Bishop, motorists need to turn left on Allen Street. To turn right on Bishop, continue straight and follow the cones. Motorists should follow the detour signs and watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE AT HUNTER ROAD is open to traffic. Northbound motorists may make the right turn at Wonder World Drive. Large trucks should detour to Stagecoach Trail. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance until further notice. Public Services, 393.8036.