Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- RAILROAD REPAIR CHARLES AUSTIN, April 19 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and use C.M. Allen Parkway, University Drive, Aquarena Springs Drive or Thorpe Street to avoid the area. Public Services, 393.8036.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, on Wednesday, April 21, from 12 noon– 11 p.m. from Hopkins Street to railroad tracks due to Texas State University event. Motorists are advised to use C.M. Allen Parkway, University Drive, Aquarena Springs Drive or Thorpe Street to avoid the area. Public Services, 393.8036.
- C.M. ALLEN PARKWAY, Just for Fun Parade, Saturday, April 24 at 9 a.m. Police Department will stop traffic at intersections but the opposite lane of traffic will be open to motorist. Parade route: C.M. Allen Parkway near Playscape, left on W. Hopkins, right on N. Fredericksburg, right on Hutchison, returning to C.M. Allen Parkway at Playscape. Public Library, 393.8210.
- EAST McCARTY LANE, contractor will begin staging and start construction at the end of April to begin construction of additional lanes. Minimal impact to traffic as initial project will be outside the existing pavement limits. McCarty will remain in service during the project until the final connection to the new improvements is made around October/November. Traffic should watch for heavy equipment, slow vehicles, and stopped vehicles between IH-35 and Old Bastrop Highway. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- CHEATHAM STREET, from Riverside to McKinnon will be closed to through traffic for installation of new wastewater line. Construction is from April 5 through end of May. Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and use Haynes Street, Field Street, Sycamore Street or IH 35 frontage road to avoid the area. This is part of the Rio Vista Terrace neighborhood improvement project. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- COMANCHE STREET is now open. Testing, milling and overlay is scheduled for the week of April 26 and the street will be closed. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- HAYNES, from Riverside Drive to Sycamore, road closed in different sections to through traffic, due to installation and testing of new wastewater line from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. until the end of June. Motorists are advised to use Cheatham Street, C. M. Allen Parkway or Hopkins Street as possible detour routes. This is part of the Rio Vista Terrace neighborhood improvement project. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, lane widths will be reduced and shifted to allow construction of the next phase of Wonder World Drive in preparation for future tie-in to Ranch Road 12. No shoulders. Please drive carefully on narrow lanes and be aware of construction vehicles and workers in construction area. Traffic shift began Monday, March 22 and construction will continue until further notice. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- SESSOM DRIVE, from University Drive to Academy Street for storm drainage and street improvements from March until early summer. Motorists are advised to watch for lane closures and construction crews. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, Construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive will continue until end of May. Motorists should watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE AT HUNTER ROAD is open to traffic. Northbound motorists may make the right turn at Wonder World Drive. Large trucks should detour to Stagecoach Trail. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance until further notice. Public Services, 393.8036.
— FROM THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS