San Marcos Mercury | Local News from San Marcos and Hays County, Texas
Email Email | Print Print --

March 25th, 2010
City clerk's office to hold passport fair


The City of San Marcos Clerk’s Office is holding a passport fair Saturday.


A passport fair will be hosted by the San Marcos City Clerk’s Office, 630 East Hopkins Street,  Saturday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Passport Day in the USA will provide passport information to U.S. citizens and accept passport applications.

The office joins the U.S. Department of State in the celebration of Passport Day in the USA 2010 as a national passport acceptance and outreach day.

A valid passport book must be presented by U.S. citizens when entering or returning to the United State by air. Citizens entering the United States from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean at land borders and sea ports of entry need to present a passport book, a passport card or other travel documents that are approved by the United States.

Several sources of information on passports are available. The cost and and how to apply for a U.S. passport can be found at Citizens of the United States may obtain information on passports by phone, in either Spanish or English, at the National Passport Information Center’s toll free number, 1-800-487-2778.

Information can also be obtained by calling the City of San Marcos Clerk’s Office at (512) 393-8090 or by visiting

Email Email | Print Print


0 thoughts on “City clerk's office to hold passport fair

  1. I would like to know if there is a dead line to have a us passport for american citizens and if there is please I would like to know the date or year…..and if all american citizen living in tha US must have a passport…Thank You…

  2. Is it tha I must need my new usa passport to vote now for president of usa and find my health care?

  3. “Passport Day” and “Passport Fair”?!? Really??? How much time/energy/money was spent coming up w/that one?

  4. A lot of the places for getting passports have been jammed up now that you are required to have a passport to come in and out of Mexico. It used to be so much easier to go across the border. I’m getting tired of all this paranoia.

    Shoot. You can travel to France and other European countries (as well as Mexico and Canada) without a visa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.