Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- SESSOM DRIVE, from University Drive to Academy Street due to storm drainage and street improvement projects will begin March 4 until early summer. Motorists are advised to watch for lane closures and construction crews. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, on March 3, from 12 p.m – 11 p.m from Hopkins Street to railroad tracks due to Texas State University event. Public Services, 393-8036.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, Construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive will continue until May 2010. Motorists should watch for heavy construction equipment at Wonder World, Bishop Street and the Park Road at the end of Franklin. Public Services, 393-8036.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, temporary pavement is scheduled for completion and traffic will shift in February to temporary lanes in preparation for future construction of the tie-in from Ranch Road 12 to Wonder World Drive. Please drive carefully on narrow lanes in construction area. Work will continue through the end of March 2010. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE, road reconstruction, Stagecoach to Hunter Road. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance. Various nightly lane closures 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. Northbound right turn lane from Hunter to Wonder World Drive is closed. All traffic is encouraged to use Stagecoach detour to Wonder World and Hunter Road until further notice. Public Services, 393-8036.