Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- DOWNTOWN SQUARE, 100 block North LBJ Drive and 100 block East San Antonio to Hopkins. The inside lane of LBJ Drive and the east bound lane of San Antonio around the square will be closed for the San Antonio Trailriders on Monday, February 1 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Parking spaces on the Courthouse side of the San Antonio and LBJ Drive will be blocked off from 7:00 a.m. until the trailriders leave. Public Services, 393.8036.
- HOPKINS STREET, Jan. 30: 400 – 600 block, road closed from C.M. Allen Parkway to Charles Austin Drive due to Union Pacific Rail Road crossing repair on Saturday, January 30 from 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. on January 31. Traffic detoured to Aquarena Springs Drive. TxDOT, 353.1061.
- SOUTH LBJ DRIVE, 200 block at Comal Street will be closed on Feb. 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.due to Union Pacific Railroad repair. Traffic will detour to Comal Street to C.M. Allen back to San Antonio to LBJ. TxDOT, 353.1061.
- AQUARENA SPRINGS DRIVE, various temporary lane closures through Wednesday, February 3 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. for core drilling. TxDOT, 353.1061.
- CRADDOCK AVENUE, Construction on the Craddock Avenue extension from Bishop to Wonder World Drive will begin at the end of January and continue until May 2010. Impacts to traffic will be limited to construction vehicles entering/exiting the construction zone from Wonder World Drive and/or Bishop Street. Additional impacts will occur with the Park Road at the end of Franklin. People seeking to access the park are cautioned that they are in a construction zone with heavy construction vehicles in the area. Public Services, 393.8036.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE, road reconstruction, Stagecoach to Hunter Road. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance. Northbound right turn lane from Hunter to Wonder World Drive will be closed. Traffic should detour to Stagecoach to make the connection to Wonder World Drive. Various nightly lane closures 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. Drivers from Hunter Road wishing to access Wonder World Drive are strongly encouraged to use the Stagecoach Trail detour until further notice. Public Services, 393.8036.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, temporary pavement is scheduled for completion and traffic will shift in the next two weeks depending on the weather to temporary lanes in preparation for future construction of the tie-in from Ranch Road 12 to Wonder World Drive. The lanes will be narrower than the current lanes due to the construction. Please exercise caution to due to the construction and lane shifts that will be required. Work will continue through February 2010. Capital Improvements, 393.8130.