Street and utility work expected to affect local traffic next week:
- HOPKINS STREET, 400 block, road closed from C.M. Allen Parkway to Charles Austin Drive due to railroad crossing repair on Saturday, Jan. 30 by Union Pacific from 6 p.m. – 8 a.m. Traffic to be detoured. TxDOT, 353-1061.
- SOUTH GUADALUPE STREET, 200 block, road closed due to railroad crossing repair by Union Pacific on Saturday, Jan. 23 from 6 p.m. – 8 a.m. Traffic to be detoured. TxDOT, 353-1061.
- CHARLES AUSTIN DRIVE, Saturday, January 23 from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. city crews will be installing railroad crossing pavement markers; flaggers will be directing traffic. Public Services, 393.8036.
- RANCH ROAD 12, 2400 block, temporary pavement is scheduled for completion and traffic will shift in the next two weeks depending on the weather to temporary lanes in preparation for future construction of the tie-in from Ranch Road 12 to Wonder World Drive. The lanes will be narrower than the current lanes due to the construction. Please exercise caution to due to the construction and lane shifts that will be required. Work will continue through February 2010. Capital Improvements, 393-8130.
- WONDER WORLD DRIVE, road reconstruction, Stagecoach to Hunter Road. Sidewalk is closed on Hunter at construction entrance. Northbound right turn lane from Hunter to Wonder World Drive will be closed. Traffic should detour to Stagecoach to make the connection to Wonder World Drive. Various nightly lane closures 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. All traffic from Hunter Road wishing to access Wonder World Drive is strongly encouraged to use the Stagecoach Trail detour until further notice. Public Services, 393.8036.