By PHYLLIS SNODGRASS
San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce
’Tis the season for counting down! Children count the days and hours until Santa’s arrival. Adults count the minutes and seconds until the New Year arrives. In the spirit of the season, I offer the following countdown of reasons to be a member of the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce in the coming year.
Almost 1,000 businesses and organizations recognize the benefits of belonging. I invite you to consider these top ten reasons for joining or renewing your membership in the San Marcos Area Chamber of Commerce.
10. Networking Events. You can make hundreds of new business contacts every month at the Eggs and Issues Breakfast, Business after Hours events, committee meetings, leads groups, and numerous other chamber events and activities.
9. 24/7 Exposure. The Chamber’s website promotes your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Why would any business or organization NOT want to be listed on the most accessed website in the community?
8. Legislative Advocacy. The Chamber is the Voice of San Marcos Area businesses at the local, state and federal levels.
7. Employee Perks. When your business belongs to the Chamber, every one of your employees is a member. As members, they can take advantage of all the services, programs and events the Chamber has to offer. And for 50 cents per employee, our M2M key tags are a great employee retention tool! Call for more information!
6. Professional Development. We help you stay up-to-date on the hottest issues affecting local businesses through seminars, workshops and leadership programs.
5. Community Information. Your Chamber team takes hundreds of calls each month on a variety of topics. Using our members-first referral system, we direct callers to your business.
4. Economic Development and Tourism Development. As a result of our contracts with the City of San Marcos for ED and CVB, your Chamber ensures that business growth and visitor growth brings new residents and visitors to our community to support your business and enhance your quality of life.
3. Business Referrals. Being a Chamber member brings you more business. We actively work for our members through our “members first” referral policy.
2. Strength in Numbers. Together we accomplish (at 1,000 members) what no one business can do alone.
1. A Better San Marcos Area. Protecting and promoting the interests of local businesses and our community – that’s what your Chamber has been up to this year.
We thank you, our members, for your continued investment of time and resources. Together we will continue to make our community a great place to work, play, live and do business.
Today the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce is moving forward – looking for new opportunities, forging new collaborations and partnerships and taking a business leadership role in the direction of our community. The Chamber is strong at nearly 1000 members and is getting stronger day by day as businesses increasingly recognize the value of getting connected.
Now, more than ever, it is necessary for the Chamber to lead our business community with quality information, helping us stay focused on the positive, keeping members abreast of issues that affect their welfare and the welfare of their employees. We must be advocates for business and sound, sensible policies that lay the groundwork for a vibrant and diverse economic future.
The San Marcos Chamber of Commerce has many levels of membership: student, individual, non-profit, and basic to tiered levels for business members – all of which come together to work hand in hand, on the issues that face our community. The Chamber is the place where minds meet, constructive dialogue takes place, and ideas become reality. For more information on how you can get involved – call us. We’d love to hear from you.
The San Marcos Chamber of Commerce. Focused on business – focused on you. Check us out on the web at www.sanmarcostexas.com. Or call us at (512) 393-5900. We’d love to hear from you!