Early voting in the Nov. 3 City Council election is being conducted on weekdays from Monday, Oct. 19 through Friday, Oct. 30 with Saturday hours slated on Oct. 24.
Also on the ballot will be 11 proposed amendments to the Texas Constitution.
San Marcos candidates are Lisa Marie Coppoletta, Shaune C. Maycock and Ryan Thomason in Place 5 and John Thomaides, Anita Fuller and Monica Garcia in Place 6.
Early voting will be held in the following locations and times:
- Hays County Elections Office, 401-C Broadway, Oct. 19-30, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Monday, Oct. 19 and Monday, Oct. 26 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, Oct. 24, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- San Marcos Library, 625 E. Hopkins, large meeting room; Oct. 19-30, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Saturday, Oct. 24, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Texas State University, LBJ Student Center, 700 Student Center Drive; Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 22, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Election Day is Nov. 3, 2009 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Election Day polling places in San Marcos are:
- Precincts 110 A and 113: Election Administrators Office, 401 C. Broadway
- Precincts 111 and 112: Dunbar Center, 801 MLK Drive
- Precinct 114: Allenwood Homes Auditorium, 1201 Thorpe Lane
- Precinct 116: Hernandez Elementary, 333 Stagecoach Trail
- Precinct 120: San Marcos Housing Authority, Residents Office, 820 Sturgeon
- Precinct 127: Tobias Elementary School, 1005 E. FM 150, Kyle
- Precinct 315 A: (portion in city limits) Doris Miller Middle School, 301 Foxtail Run
- Precinct 330: Lamar Central Office Annex, 500 Hutchison
- Precinct 336: Merrill Gardens at San Marcos, Auxiliary Room, 1700 Ranch Road 12
- Precincts 332 and 334: Old Fish Hatchery Community Building, 201 N. CM Allen Parkway
- Precincts 446 and 447A (portion in City Limits): Travis Elementary, 1437 Post Road
Election information is available on the City web site at sanmarcostx.gov or Hays County at www.elections.co.hays.tx.us. Contact the Hays County Election Administrator’s office at (512) 393-7310 or City Clerk at (512) 393-8090.