The San Marcos City Council recently amended drought response rules, allowing residents to choose a different day, including Saturday or Sunday, if the designated weekday doesn’t work for them.
Residents may request a form or download a form available online at sanmarcostx.gov to replace their designated day for a year. All other drought restrictions still apply.
The forms may be submitted to Jan Klein, Conservation Coordinator, Public Services Department, 630 E. Hopkins, San Marcos, Tx 78666. (Fax: 512.392.2625 or email@example.com ).
The city is currently under Stage 2 drought restrictions:
- Waste of water is prohibited. Waste includes allowing water to puddle or run off a property, operating a sprinkler system with broken or misaligned heads, and failing to repair leaks.
- Irrigation with sprinklers is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Designated Days:
| Addresses ending with 0 or 1
| Addresses ending with 2 or 3
| Addresses ending with 4
| Addresses ending with 5
| Addresses ending with 6 or 7
| Addresses ending with 8 or 9
Or request alternate day
- Irrigation with hand-held bucket or hand-held hose is allowed on any day and at any time.
- Irrigation with a soaker hose or drip irrigation system is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Charity car washes are prohibited unless held at a certified commercial car wash.
- At-home car washing is allowed only on your designated day between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight and must be done using a hand-held bucket or hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff device.
- Swimming pools located outdoors must have at least 25% of the water surface area covered when not in use.
- Filling of new swimming pools is prohibited.
- Operation of outdoor decorative water features is prohibited.
- Washing of impervious surfaces is prohibited unless required for health and safety.
- Foundation watering is allowed only one day per week on the designated weekday between the hours of midnight to 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Restaurants are allowed to serve water only upon specific request by the customer.
- All other non-essential water usage is prohibited.
— FROM THE CITY OF SAN MARCOS/MELISSA MILLECAM