Juneteenth celebrations at City Park. Photo by Sean Batura.
The winners of the 15th Annual Juneteenth Barbecue Contest were recently announced. The contest was held June 19-20. First place winners are listed below.
- Cook’s Choice – Robert Sierra’s SS Pit Crew
- Fajitas – James Cruz’s Burnt Beans team
- Beans – Joe Falcon
- Chicken – Paul Borrerson’s Bobcat BBQ team
- Ribs – James Cruz’s Burnt Beans team
- Fruit Cobbler – Rachelle Thompson’s Call the Law team
- Brisket – E. Anderson
- Best Camp – Trophy BBQ team
- Best Pit – Smokin’ Eaters team