As part of its observance of Cancer Awareness Month, the Hays County commissioners court is sponsoring a series of “Ask the Doctor” question-and-answer sessions billed as an opportunity for residents to bout common cancers, risk factors, early detection and prevention.
The forums are:
- Wednesday, April 8, 7-9 p.m. in Wimberley at the Community Center, 14068 Ranch Road 12;
- Wednesday, April 15, 7-9 p.m. in San Marcos at St. John’s Catholic Church, 624 E. Hopkins St. (focus is Women and Cancer);
- Thursday, April 16, 7-9 p.m. in San Marcos at St. John’s Catholic Church (focus is Men and Cancer);
- Tuesday, April 21, 7-9 p.m. in Buda at Santa Cruz Catholic Church, 1100 Main St.; and
- Wednesday, April 22, 7-9 p.m. in Kyle at St. Anthony Marie de Claret Catholic Church, 801 N. Burleson.
— FROM HAYS COUNTY/LAUREEN CHERNOW