The following was sent to us here at Newstreamz, in response to a press release we ran earlier this month from the SMCISD. You can read that here.
This is an open records request for information regarding the Attendance Zone Committee (AZC) and the 1st Draft of the Committees’ Recommendation:
1. A list of all members of the AZC. How were they appointed and specifically who appointed each member. Designate officers (if applicable) of the committee, and provide the member attendance records for each meeting.
2. Minutes of all meetings of the AZC to date.
3. A copy of the draft plan. When will the plan be presented to the school board?
4. When has the community had an opportunity to participate and give public input to date? Will there be an opportunity to comment before the draft goes to the school board for consideration?
5. A map of the current attendance zones and the political (school board district) boundaries.
6. How many busses currently run in our district daily? How many busses will run under the draft plan? What are the projected bus routes under the draft plan. What does the district currently spend on diesel/gasoline annually?
Please let me know when I can expect this information electronically.
Thanks so much,
Chris North, Secretary/Treasurer
San Marcos Council of Neighborhood Associations