Hays County Crime Stoppers is assisting the San Marcos Police Department in solving the following series of Felony Vandalisms.The following series of five vandalism crimes took place over the last three weeks at the First Presbyterian Church, located in at 410 West Hutchison Street, and the Blue Goat Restaurant, located at 310 Mary Street, directly across from the First Presbyterian Church in San Marcos.
1) Between 2:30pm on Sunday, July 13 and 11:00am on Monday, July 14, unknown person(s) threw a rock through a stained glass window at the First Presbyterian Church.
2) Between 3:00pm on Tuesday, July 15 and 7:00am on Wednesday, July 16, unknown person(s) threw a rock through a stained glass window at the Blue Goat Restaurant.
3) On July 20 at approximately 9:15pm, San Marcos Police officers responded to the area of the Blue Goat Restaurant and First Presbyterian Church for a report of a male subject throwing rocks at both businesses. Although the subject was gone when officers arrived, a witness was able to describe the subject as a Hispanic male with shaggy dark hair wearing a dark shirt and dark shorts. He was seen leaving the area in a white colored Toyota passenger car. The investigation revealed another broken stained glass window at the First Presbyterian Church.
4) Between 2:00pm on Monday, July 28 and 9:00am on Tuesday, July 29, unknown person(s) threw several rocks through other stained glass windows at the First Presbyterian Church, causing over $20,000 in damage. There was also graffiti on a church sign with the tag “Daisy”.
5) Between 2:30pm on Aug 4 and 7:00am on Aug 12, unknown person(s) again threw a rock through a stained glass window at the Blue Goat Restaurant.
San Marcos Police Department Investigators have exhausted all their leads in trying to solve this series of crimes and need your help to catch the person(s) responsible for these vandalisms. To date, the damage total for this series of crimes is over $30,000.
If you have any information that could help the San Marcos Police Department solve this Felony crime, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-324-TIPS (8477). If your information leads to the arrest and indictment of the suspect(s), you will be eligible for a CASH reward of up to $1,000. All calls are totally confidential and all callers will remain anonymous. You do not have to give your name and you will not have to testify in court. The First Presbyterian Church has also added a $500 reward for information that will help solve this series of crimes, bringing the possible reward amount for this incident up to $1,500.
Crime Stoppers works, Crime Stoppers pays!
From Hays Co. Crime StoppersEmail | Print